Shipping & Inspection Worker
|Position:||Shipping & Inspection Worker|
|Education Level:||Associate Degree|
|Experience Level:||Experienced (Non-Manager)|
Watson Label Products is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Clerk and Quality Inspector with 1-3 years of previous experience. This person will perform manual and clerical duties related to the preparation of shipments through FedEx, UPS, USPS or other similar carriers. In addition, as Quality Inspector this person will be responsible for performing inspections of products and processes to ensure conformance to customer specifications.
About the Company
Watson Label Products specializes in manufacturing custom bar code labels for library, industrial and critical label applications. We offer exceptional flexibility customization and personalization along with over 60 years of industry knowledge and expertise. We are an ISO Quality Certified Company and utilize a Post Production Computerized Inspection and Validation System. In addition, the quality of our products is outstanding and our customer service is second to none.
Watson Label Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Experience with warehouse, shipping and receiving and inventory operations.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Able to perform warehouse duties that require physical mobility.
- Able to lift 50 pounds consistently.
- Good math skills and attention to detail.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Upholds ISO 9001:2015 requirements as defined in Watson's quality procedures/processes.
- Conduct inspection of product and/or process as assigned.
- Record inspection data per procedures.
- Escalate all quality issues identified in the production process to Quality Supervisor.
- Perform activities to process defective materials identified through inspection processes according to procedures.
- Contribute to development of Work Instructions and Procedures.
- Ensure the proper documentation is in place and followed.
- Offer suggestions to improve processes, and may participate in continuous improvement teams.
- Participates in and satisfactorily completes all training programs required of the assigned position.
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Performs other duties assigned by Management Representatives.
- Typically possesses 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Generally performs single function tasks that tend to be of moderate size and scope.
- Must be reliable, dependable and punctual and able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making skills.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers and supervisors.
- Detail and task oriented.
- Accuracy and quality conscious.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Strong math skills including measurements.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- General knowledge of materials used to produce label products.
- Mechanical ability.
Watson Label Products offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Please respond with your resume and a cover letter stating why you would be a good fit for this position.